Closure of West Mall Post Office
The United States Postal Service (USPS) closed its west mall location on Friday, January 26, 2024. This closure has no impact on the delivery of USPS mail to campus.
Document Solutions, located in the School of Social Work building (1925 San Jacinto Boulevard), operates UT Mail Services and will continue to provide the following mail services to the campus:
- First Class Mail
- International Mail
- USPS mail and shipping services
- FedEx shipping (ground, express, next day air)
For individuals and departments that had a PO Box at the west mall location, but didn’t process a change of address prior to closure, please contact Sammy Alvarez, Mail Supervisor: Sammy.Alvarez@austin.utexas.edu, to assist or submit a change of address online as soon as possible.
For those seeking passport services, please visit the Texas Global office in the Main Building (MAI).
For those seeking to obtain a money order, the following USPS locations offer money order services: Downtown Austin (823 Congress Ave Ste 150) and Central Park (3507 N Lamar Blvd), in Austin Texas.
As previously stated, if you have any additional questions, please reach out to Sammy Alvarez, Mail Services Supervisor: Sammy.Alvarez@austin.utexas.edu or Steve Burdette, Interim Director: Steve.Burdette@austin.utexas.edu.
Documents Solutions is a certified USPS full service mail handler. There are specific requirements that have to be met to achieve this designation. When you choose Documents Solutions, this means that you get CHEAPER postage rates and your mail gets delivered FASTER.
Campus Mail & First Class Mail
UT Mail Services picks up and delivers departmental campus mail, processes outgoing departmental mail relating to official university business, and routes interagency mail.
- Collection and delivery of campus mail
- Campus mail courier services
- Contract courier service — expedited service available
- Preparation of pre-addressed mailings
- Metering and sealing of letters and flats
- Preparation of internal mail
- Processing of certified mail
- Priority and express mail services
- Online tools:
US Mail Services also offers large volume mailings and other communications tools to best meet your mail needs:
- Free consultation
- Inkjet addressing onto your mail piece
- Automatic and manual inserting process
- CASS/PAVE mail list certification
- Folding and tabbing
- Zip+4 address encoding
- List conversions
- Postage discount optimization
- Courier services
- DPV validation
- Message Indica Printing
- NCOA Processing
Mail Services is a proud member of: