Document Solutions offers secure document, USB drives and DVD destruction services upon request. Our total document destruction service provides a shred level of P-6 that meets the same federal security used by the Pentagon. It reduces your confidential documents to dust instead of merely shreds and pieces. For documents that do not requires a P-6 level we offer a shredding level that will be recycled to support the University’s green initiative and all USB and DVD’s are shredded and properly disposed.
If you have confidential, research documents or paperwork with account numbers or student information, USB drives or DVD’s that needs to be destroyed, please submit a shredding authorization form. Your request will be directed to both Records and Information Management Services and Document Solutions. We will then contact you to arrange delivery of a 65-gallon container for you to fill with your documents. You have the option to purchase and keep a shredding container or lease one as needed (see pricing below). USB drives and DVD’s can be dropped off at any of our Document Solutions locations or we can arrange for pick up.
Why should I use Document Solutions Document Destruction Services?
- Protection: Protecting your confidential information so that it does not end up in the wrong hands. There are no visible letters or numbers left after the document has been through our shredder. USB drives and DVD’s are completely destroyed. All material is handled by staffed trained by Records Management and transported in a secure vehicle, nothing leaves campus until it is completely destroyed.
- Compliance: In coordination with Records Management, we make sure all of the state, federal, and university guidelines concerning document destruction are met.
- Ease of service: Complete the online shredding authorization form and both Records Management and Document Solutions are notified to coordinate and complete the service.
- Billing: IDT is used so there are no invoices
Details About Shredding Services
- All employees that handle documents are full-time UT employees.
- All employees handling documents have completed confidentiality classes as well as record management classes.
- All policies and procedures have been written in conjunction with the UT Records Management team.
- Shred quality of confidential records is unmatched in Austin. The paper is not shredded, it is destroyed. Only fibers are left after going through the shredder.
- Destruction is complete within 72 hours of receiving the container.
- Billing is handled via IDT.
- Certificate of Destruction is provided to each customer to validate the document shredding process for compliance records.
- The shredding services are conducted in a separate stand-alone building.
- No other services are conducted in the building other than shredding.
- Only Document Solutions employees that are certified to shred are allowed in the building.
- 65-gallon, locked containers
- Containers can be purchased or leased as needed by departments through Document Solutions.
- Departments that own a container appreciate discounted pricing on shredding services (see pricing below).
- What documents should I shred?
- The service is for shredding confidential and classified documents.
- You should continue to use your recycling vendor for daily paper recycling.
- Records Management can provide guidance on your records destruction policies.
- How long do I get to keep the leased container?
- We prefer to pick up leased containers within two weeks, but you can keep it for up to four weeks if needed. There is an additional charge for keeping the container longer than 30 days (see pricing below).
- If you would like a regular service or keep your container longer, purchasing your own container may be a better option (see pricing below).
- What is the price?
- Departments may purchase a shredding bin from Document Solutions for a one-time payment of $150. Shredding service (upon request) is $45 per pre-purchased container.
- Departments may lease a shredding bin for 30 days from Document Solutions for $60. Shredding service is included with the cost of the leased container. NOTE: There will be a $10 additional charge to customers that keep a leased shredding bin longer than 30 days.
Pricing as of January 1, 2020